Bergen County Long Term Care and Sub Acute Nursing home looking to fill a part time Dietitian position.
This position is responsible for assessing the nutritional care of the residents in the facility. He/she advises Administration and Food Service Director as needed on all clinical aspects of the Food Service Department.
- Performs assessments routinely on new admissions, monthly for residents at nutritional risk, and as needed for care conferences and specific problem residents. Assessments must include recommended intervention and appropriate dialogue to the Food Service Director, Nursing Services and Administration;
- Ensures appropriate documentation of nutritional assessment to the MDS and recommended intervention in the resident chart and/or care plan; reviews the documentation of others regarding nutritional concerns and responds appropriately;
- Reviews menu changes and documentation of reason of change;
- Maintains two-way communication with facility Administrator, Food Service Director and Nursing Services Management;
- Submits monthly written reports to Administrator;
- Reviews resident care plans prior to resident care conferences and advises regarding nutritional concerns;
- Addresses appropriate nutritional concerns with all members of the nutrition support team inclusive of the Food Service Director, Nursing Services, Pharmacy Consultant, Speech Therapist and/or Occupational Therapist;
- Gives diet instruction for specific residents and families;
- Performs other assignments, as requested and approved by the Administrator, inclusive of: menu revision, meal service assessment, policy and procedure review, sanitation assessment, in-service participation (either as an instructor or a student), Food Service Director training, Dietary Staff training, etc.;
- Ensures that the policies and procedures for assessing client changes are adhered to;
- Concerns his/herself with the safety of all nursing facility residents in order to minimize the potential for fire and accidents. Also, ensures that the facility adheres to the legal, safety, health, fire and sanitation codes by being familiar with his/her role in carrying out the facility’s fire, safety and disaster plans and by being familiar with current MSDS;
- Ensures that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights;