Maintenance mechanic needed for Long Term Care and Sub Acute Nursing Home located in Green Brook, NJ. This position includes a number of jobs like but not limited to minor repairs on handrails, doors , windows, flooring, walls, ceilings, beds, wheelchairs, gerichairs, electrical equipment, repairing or changing plumbing fixtures, conducting minor plumbing repairs, inspecting sprinkling systems, generators, emergency lighting, fire alarms and extinguishers, changes filters on HVAC equipment, carries, lifts and stocks supplies. In addition, remains on call, when assigned, 24 hours a day.
- Full-time position with weekend rotation.
- Candidate must be willing to remain on-call 24/7 to attend emergency situations.
- Possess reliable vehicle.
- A minimum a 2 years of experience handling minor electrical, plumbing and carpentry work.
- A good knowledge of heating and air-conditioning systems
- Capable of lifting, moving and carrying heavy objects.
- Capable of handling power tools and measuring tools.
- Able to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Honest and capable of following directions.