Social Worker - Long Term Care Experience
Green Brook, NJ
Green Brook, NJ Long Term Care and Sub Acute Nursing home looking to fill Social Worker position.
As a member of the Care Partner Team, your role includes:
- Assists with planning and implementing a comprehensive social services program which provides for counseling and other support services for residents and caregivers in the home;
- Identifies medical-related social needs of residents, provides appropriate services to meet the individual, as well as collective needs of residents, and maintains medical records relating to the their social work needs and care;
- Consults with the Social Services Director and other Department Managers regarding interdisciplinary issues, as well as maintenance of appropriate growth records;
- Works directly with residents and caregivers experiencing personal and environmental difficulties or concerns related to the resident’s physical or emotional condition;
- Maintains a written record of the frequency and nature of the social service consultation and services provided or obtained;
- Evaluates each resident’s social needs then formulates the plan for providing care and records the plan in the resident's medical record. Periodically re-evaluates in conjunction with the resident’s total plan of care;
- Plans and implements family meetings upon move in (admission), and every 3 months thereafter to provide a forum for ongoing discussions between resident/family and interdisciplinary care partner team;
- Collects pertinent social data upon Move-in (Admission) and places it in the growth (medical) record, including information about the personal and family problems related to the resident’s illness and care, support network, actions taken to meet the resident’s individual needs and eventual move out (discharge) to an appropriate level of care. Pertinent social data shall be made available to the attending physician and other appropriate staff members;
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or a bachelor’s degree in a human services field including, but not limited to, Sociology, Special Education, Rehabilitation Counseling and Psychology
- Any certifications required by New Jersey State Regulations are also necessary for this position.
- Actively participates in the WHC HOME’s Quality Assurance Performance Improvement programs to improve the quality of life, and quality and services delivered in a WHC HOME.
- An understanding of how to support Elders/residents/guests with dementia, mental health challenges, alcohol/drug addiction, post-traumatic injuries, and physical disabilities
- Knowledge about Medicare/Medicaid services, and all applicable state and federal regulations, guidelines and policies
- Must provide annual verification of a negative Tuberculin Skin Test (TST)