Staffing Coordinator/Central Supply Clerk
Employee needed to perform manual and clerical work in receiving and checking shipments from outside the facility and issuing supplies to nursing personnel. This employee also performs various service and messenger type tasks. The work requires familiarity with a great variety of stock items, ability to make accurate counts in receiving and issuing, and ability to exert considerable physical effort. The work is performed under general supervision and is checked by observation, physical counts, and a review of records.
In addition to this aspect of the position, you would also be responsible for preparing all schedules for the nursing units and maintaining one (1) month of posted schedules on the nursing units. Tracks and oversees scheduling (including time off requests) of nursing staff in an objective manner, including weekends, vacations and holidays. Works independently and take the initiative to maintain staffing requirements by obtaining coverage for call-outs, holidays and/or vacation requests.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Utilize and maintain computerized schedules within the scheduling software, if available
- Receives and act upon communications from existing employee care partners, adjusting schedule as needed, dealing with needs as they arise;
- Track and record all instances of assignment needs, vacancies in the schedule, late arrivals, early departures, etc.
- Process and provide daily nursing hours (HPPDs) report.
- Assists with the completion of nursing payroll and other reports, as assigned
- Assists employee care partners (new and those with change of assignment) in scheduling and paperwork required to work in the home including reference checks
- Keeps schedules up to date with team member changes and communicates any changes in schedules including weekend coverage, holiday coverage and all vacation coverage
- Demonstrates excellent customer service through telephone etiquette and timely response to emails/correspondences
- Maintain and record licensure for all LPN’s, RN’s and CNA’s
- Flexibility and a willingness to modify role duties for the Elders/residents/guests and the overall good of the community
- Fills requisitions from nursing departments for a variety of medical and other supplies; assembles items and delivers on hand truck; obtains signature of person receiving supplies and files requisition forms;
- Receives shipments from trucks at shipping and receiving platform; checks items against purchase orders and places them in stock;
- Assembles items received in an organized system;
- Ensures that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights;
- Performs related work as assigned.
Position requires the following:
- High school diploma or GED is preferred for this position.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.
- Basic computer skills.